The following information is for the program beginning January 2021 in St. John’s, NL.
This is a 200 hour program that takes place over the course of one full year. Participants meet once per month (except in July and August) for a full weekend of study and practice. Each weekend consists of Friday evening, and full days Saturday and Sunday. Meetings are in-person in St. John’s, NL but virtual attendance via Zoom is possible.
SCHEDULE & LOCATION
This program takes place at Yoga Kula Co-op, Torbay Road, St. John’s, NL.
The daily schedule for each weekend is as follows: Friday 7:00-9:30pm, Saturday & Sunday 8:00am-5:00pm.
Weekend start dates (the Friday date) for the 2021 program are as follows: Jan. 29, Feb. 26, Mar. 26, April 30, May 28, June 25, (no classes in July or Aug.), Sept. 10, Oct 15, Nov. 5, Dec. 3.
There are no weekend intensives scheduled for July and August. During this time participants will complete homework assignments, observe senior teachers’ classes and do practice teaching.
- Yoga asana, pranayama and meditation (practice, theory and technique)
- History of Yoga, ancient to modern
- Yoga Philosophy (Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad Gita, Hatha Yoga Pradipika)
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Teaching methodology (preparing to teach, sequencing, observing, assisting, demonstrating, using props, and more)
- Subtle body theory
- Yoga for specific populations and conditions
- Teaching ethics and the business of teaching yoga
- Asana clinic (learn to teach all major categories of yoga asana and apply that learning through practice teaching)
- have been practicing yoga for at least one year
- have a regular yoga practice – attend classes regularly and/or have a regular home practice
- have an interest in all aspects of yoga including philosophy, pranayama and meditation
- be in generally good health (physical and mental) so as to fully participate in the rigorous training schedule (please contact us to discuss if you are uncertain about this. “Generally good health” does not mean “perfect” health)
Applicants may be asked to participate in an application interview before acceptance to the program.
THE PROGRAM COST is $2950. A portion of this fee is collected as a non-refundable application fee of $500 when you submit your application. Early Bird discount of $150 when application (including application fee) is received before August 31, 2020.